BS Social Care
Housing Support Worker
Newport - Starting at £10 an hour PLUS holiday pay contributions.
BS Social Care are looking for experienced Housing Support Worker's to work with a national YP homeless charity based in Wales. You will be working with young people who are experiencing housing related crisis including threat of eviction or homelessness, are rough sleeping, or cannot return to accommodation.
Your role will be to work as part of a team to support individuals with a range of issues, such as mental health, offending and substance misuse who require support with finding accommodation, accessing services/benefits and maintaining tenancies. This is great opportunity to make a difference in someone's life!
Successful candidates will have a minimum of 6 months relevant practical experience within the care sector within the last 12 months. Being a driver with access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential.
They will also have excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills. A DBS on the update service is desirable.
Benefits of working with us:
- Weekly pay
- Paid through PAYE - We don`t use an umbrella company so there`s no hidden fees
- 24/7 contact with BS Social Care
- Pension scheme entitlement
- Double pay on Bank Holidays
- Holiday pay accumulation to take whenever you`d like.
- Working with dedicated consultant.
- Mental Health First Aid Support
To work with us, you will need:
- A minimum of 6 months paid, hands-on experience working within the care sector within the last 12 months or 12 months in the last 5 years.
- To be approachable, friendly, proactive and engage with the services users
- Great communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
Apply now or please call the branch on 02920 224755 and speak to Sheonagh for more information!