Junior Accountant (Practice)
£18k - £24k per annum, depending on experience
Brook Street are delighted to be working with a leading specialist accounting firm with an excellent client reputation (4.9 stars out of 5 on Google).
You will be joining dynamic Accountancy firm who is currently looking to recruit an up and coming Accountant. Two of the three Directors have come from top 10 Accountancy practices and the other HMRC so you will be gaining a wealth of knowledge under them. You will be joining a company which provides specialist accountancy services to small and medium sized businesses
Our client is looking for a Junior Accountant with at least 1 year experience of accounts preparation for both limited companies and sole traders.
About the job:
This is a great opportunity for you to become part an ambitious and forward-thinking company your main focus will be working on client service and meeting the day to day demands of the clients; Responsibility for a portfolio of SME clients ensuring we surpass client expectations in all areas.
You will be reviewing key client records and input this onto the systems. You will manage a team to ensure all accountancy and tax compliance work is timely and accurate
Duties will include:
- Focusing on client service and meeting the day to day demands of the clients
- Preparing and submitting statutory accounts and corporation tax returns from a variety of both manual records and software
- Reviewing client records
Who's right for the job?
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate the following:
- Strong administration skills
- Minimum 1 year experience in accounts preparation for limited companies and sole traders
- Xero and Sage experience
- Excellent customer services skills.
- GCSE Level (A-C) Maths or equivalent.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work with a high level of accuracy.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ideally you will hold CII Certificate in Financial Administration or a Finance related qualification.
What's in it for you?
Our client offers a salary of between £18k and £24k, depending on experience.
The role also comes with a private medical cover, 25 days holiday + Bank holidays, an employer contribution pension, and benefits platform.
Let's get started!
This is a permanent full-time position with a start as soon as possible. This would suit someone who has worked previously in an practice accounting role for the last 12 months, has strong communication skills and who has a passion for providing an excellent customer service.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Vanessa at 02380 683 444 or apply now