We are working with a Gloucester based client who are recruiting a Support Worker to work on a full time permanent basis.
They provide support to adults with Mental Health Disorders, who require support 24 hours a day 7 days a week, within a residential setting. However, this vacancy is to work days only between 8am and 8pm.
The role would involve:
- working with individuals to engage them in meaningful activities even when motivation is low and engagement is difficult.
- Providing medication when needed.
- Promote opportunities for individuals to create and develop friendships with other citizens.
- Assist Nursing personnel, Team Leaders and Senior Support Workers to assess, plan, implement and evaluate individual care plans.
- Feedback to the team and others involved in the care, information regarding any changes observed in the client's mental state or social circumstances analysing any immediate risks and taking appropriate action.
What we are looking for:
- Ability to manage time, plan and prioritise work efficiently and effectively.
- The ability to show empathy and deal in a sensitive and tactful way.
- Ability to use own initiative when dealing with individuals and colleagues.
- It would be beneficial to have experience within a similar setting, however this is not essential.
Please apply today if you are looking for a new, exciting and rewarding role!