Job title: Outreach Support Worker
Location: West London and Surrey
Hours: 9am - 6pm, Monday - Friday
We are recruiting for Floating Support Workers with experience working with Children/Young People in West London and Guildford- Surrey worker. In this role you will support and provide young people with the best possible preparation to move on into adult life, and to become valued members of our society.
What we need from you:
- Ability to work with people who have a range of long-term conditions, health and complex needs in a person-centred way
- Ability and willingness to lone work
- Ability and willingness to work remotely and in the community, using mobile technology
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding issues and ability to address them appropriately.
- Skills for Care Certificate (desirable or willing to work towards)
- Relevant health or social care qualification and/or training
- Current, clean Driving Licence
- A clear understanding of safeguarding
- Knowledge and experience of working within the mental health field
- Experience working with young people between the ages of 16 - 25 years old
- Experience working substance misuse/drug misuse
- Experience in young people observation and report writing.
- Aged 23yrs+ who share our commitment to providing the highest quality support and can demonstrate the ability to work on their own initiative, as well as being a team player with a strong work ethic.
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social care (working with young people), or equivalent qualification. Applicants that do not have a level 3 will be required to work towards this qualification and provided with training & support.Benefits:
- Pension contribution
- 20 days annual leave per annum excluding bank holidays
- Continual professional development
- Flexible working patterns
- Future career path for ambitious and capable individuals
If you are interested in this opportunity, please telephone 07878 403785 on email