A community organisation based in Hemel Hempstead are looking for a Premises Manager to help them run their building. The role will require you to ensure that all aspects of the site and buildings meets the needs of staff, students and visitors.
- Opening and locking of gates as appropriate being a designated key holder and emergency contact
- Taking reasonable steps to minimise loss or damage to property and staff
- Patrolling site at appropriate intervals during working hours
- Taking responsibility for fire and intruder alarms
- Ensuring that visitors' and contractors' log book is signed
- Ensure that keys are kept in a safe place
- Taking responsibility for maintenance and upkeep of premises, including buildings, minibuses, fixtures, fittings and furniture in conjunction with external contractors where appropriate
- Carrying out minor repairs under own initiative
- Ordering repair work after agreement with the Business Manager
- Using specific skills or expertise where possible. This includes carpentry, electrical and plumbing repairs within own capability and in line with agreed health and safety procedures and guidelines
- Engaging in preventative maintenance - especially in order to eliminate potential hazards
- Taking responsibility for checks on drains, gullies, toilets etc. taking appropriate action as necessary
- Taking responsibility for monitoring contractors on site including cleaning staff who are in school during your working hours.
- Taking responsibility for appropriate notification to exterminate pests and vermin ensuring that such work is carried out while pupils are not on site.
- Ensure that spills of bodily fluids are quickly and safely cleaned away and hygiene areas are clean.
- Writing the Premises risk assessments including updating of all assessed risks as necessary
- Ensure the hard play areas and other site areas are litter, debris and hazard free at all times.
- Organise weeding of hard surfaces excluding the use of pesticides except during the school holidays
- Monitor cleaning and liaise with contract cleaning teams to get the appropriate level of cleaning to the best standard
Administrative and Financia
- Responsible for the first line monitoring and management of budgets for Premises Budget
- To monitor and approve expenditure under other appropriate budget headings as may be delegated by the SLT to be reviewed annually.
- Complete purchase orders for supplies and minor works and submit to relevant staff member according to the scheme of financial delegation
- Ensuring that written quotations for work are secured according to the Schools Financial policy and regulations
- Check that all building work has been carried out satisfactorily in consultation with the Headteacher and pass invoices to School Business Manager for payment processing
- Dustbin/Recycling bin management - including arranging extra collections when necessary.
- Erecting and putting away equipment, such as: stage and hall equipment and furniture as required.
- Within storage capabilities removing and storing furniture in available storage facilities.
- Opening and locking up for evening meetings or events as requested.
- Dealing with faults and defects including checking and replacing fuses as necessary up to 30 Amps. Arranging an annual electrical check with approved contractors
- Checking the functioning of systems in order to maximise fuel efficiency.
- Checking and replacing lamps, tubes etc. in light fittings or arrange for this to be done by contractors as necessary.
- Replacing fire alarm glasses if appropriate and testing alarms.
- Checking expansion and header tanks regularly, daily inspection of boiler dials.
- Reporting faults to contractors for repair as required
- Maintaining a safe and healthy environment referring all hazards to the Business Manager/LA.
- Having knowledge of use and maintenance of fire precautions and equipment.
- Investigating and reporting all accidents and potential hazards arising from plant, equipment and fittings for which they have responsibility and taking remedial action as required.
- Checking all doors are secured against unauthorised entry where appropriate.
Additional Duties - SBM/SLT request
- To set up all school functions
- To ensure safe learning environment for students and staff
- To perform weekly cleaning spot checks and report any concerns as appropriate to the Business
- Overseeing and coordinating deliveries of stock, supplies
- Support the Network Manager to ensure the efficient working of all electrical equipment alerting contract engineers where necessary.
- Checking that all electrical devices, electrical plugs and wiring are safe and properly connected.
- Organise internal and external painting and decorating as approved by the Headteacher.
- Monitoring charges from contractors - keeping time-on-job checks and appropriate record of equipment tests.
- Monitoring the work of contractors with particular regard to safe working practices and consideration of the school community.
In return the company offer a very competitive salary paying between £28,226 - 35,336 per annum. They also offer 23 days paid holiday each year plus bank holidays, business, access to the company pension scheme and free on-site parking.
Please note that this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
If you feel you this role is for you, please apply today.