HMRC - Project Support Officer
Hours: Monday - Friday (37 hours 09:00-17:00/08:00-16:00)
This is a 6-month temporary position with the possibility of a further extension at the discretion of the business requirements.
We are currently recruiting for 8 full time Project Support Officers to join the Team at the Leeds County Courts with our client based in Leeds. The role will include being responsible for projects or work strands within complex projects or programmes. The client requires someone to help develop and initiate new projects by conducting pre-discovery to determine feasibility. You will optimally support and deliver specified elements of the Project, on budget, to specification and aligned with Project governance, ensuring the processes and experience are in line with departmental and ministerial requirements.
- Support the project/programme to deliver the required outcomes
- Build and apply knowledge of your programmes/projects, and relevant subject matter;
- Monitor and lead progress of delivery against the project or Programme plan, raising issues through agreed governance for any changes to scope, benefit or cost;
- Handle risks, issues and dependencies, raising where needed. Work with a diverse range of partners across the organisation taking account of their levels of influence and interests, ensuring all individuals have been engaged in the development and deliverable initiatives;
- Lead Change Framework processes, developing or coordinating the development of governance documents as defined in the HMRC Change mentorship;
- Appropriate use of project resources including engagement of Subject Matter Experts, Policy and IT Professionals in order to make effective and timely decisions;
- Supporting/contributing to the business cases that justify projects in terms of benefits, costs and risks.
- Supporting the design and development of appropriate implementation products to ensure success of change within the business.
- Providing visible leadership and encouraging line management across the strand and programme, to all grades and to stakeholders engaged in own area of responsibility.
- Frequent travel & overnight stays will be expected in this role. This won't be an option for now DUE TO COVID-19.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills;
- Able to demonstrate the professional credibility required to work collaboratively across project and organisational boundaries;
- Ability to flex across a range of priorities and deliver quality outcomes in a fast paced environment
- Initiating and leading project workshops and events
- Supporting the Programme Director, Programme Manager and Senior Project Manager in their project delivery responsibilities
- Ensuring the project remains aligned with programme and departmental priorities and does not duplicate work being done elsewhere in the programme or business environment
- A desire to continue to learn and develop as a professional
- Excellent sickness record
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to work under pressure