Brook Street are currently supporting a very well established Welding company, who have a new vacancy for a Quality Inspector to join them on a permanent basis.
This position is to ideally start at the beginning of January, however could possibility start sooner for the right person. As well as a competitive salary and employment package, this position can offer quick progression opportunities to supervisor and further.
Carry out detailed dimensional inspection against customer or internal drawings using a range of equipment such as Manual and CNC, CMM machines (using Aberlink software), Contactless Laser Scan machine, Visual inspection equipment, Micrometers, Vernier's, gauges etc.
Generate inspection reports, First article inspection reports (F.A.I.R), Release documentation, Non-conformance reports etc. within the company MRP system.
Visual weld inspection of Electron Beam and TIG welded components.
Note: Internal training will be provided for Visual weld inspection.
- Must have a good understanding and be able to interpret engineering drawings.
- Be able to operate and program CNC and Manual CMM (CAD programing experience beneficial but not essential)
- Experience working as a mechanical inspector in an ISO 9001/AS9100 organization, preferably with experience in the Aerospace or oil and gas industry.
- A good general understanding of ISO 9001/AS9100 requirements.
- Experience raising release documentation and First article inspection reports (F.A.I.R)
- Computer literate and experience using Word, Excel, and a company MRP system.
- Strong communication skills both Written and verbal. Would be beneficial:
- 5 weeks holiday allowance
- 37.5-hour week - Monday to Thursday 08:00 - 16:45 Friday 08:00 - 12:30
- Hourly rate up to £16.01 per hour depending on experience with overtime paid at 1.5 times the hourly rate.
- Pension scheme is in line with government recommendation