An independent charitable organization that is based in Leicester and Coventry is looking to expand their close-knit team. They are looking for a referral and intake key worker. This client has a vision for all women and children to live in a society free from violence, oppression and abuse.
The ideal candidate should have the following key skills and experience;
* Strong communication skills and be able to speak and communicate either in any Asian language such as Bengali, Gujerati, Urdu, Punjabi, Mirpuri OR any African language such as Swahili, Amharic or Yoruba OR any eastern European language such as Russian, Polish or Bulgarian. You won`t be required to speak all these languages, knowledge and communication of one or more Is ideal.
* Experience working with Black and Minority groups.
* Experience of working with vulnerable people
* *Experience of working within a multi-agency and legislative framework.
* Have a good understanding of domestic abuse, sexual violence, trafficking, forced marriages and FGM
Your day to day duties and scope of the job will consist of;
* Managing a caseload of victims of modern slavery living, women seeking refuge from forced marriage or domestic violence. Within in Leicestershire area, you will work to a specified timescale to meet contractual requirements which includes all aspects of case management including: risk assessment; needs assessment; support planning; outcomes and case review
*Identify and assess the risks and needs of abuse victims using an evidence-based risk identification checklist.
* Receiving referrals of victims of international human trafficking/modern for refuge accommodation
* Focus on and prioritise high risk cases and provide a pro-active, short to medium term crisis intervention service through individual safety planning and personal support.
*Work with high risk victims rebuild their confidence, self-belief and life choices.
* You must have sensitive and empathic approach when dealing with the impact and consequences of trauma on children and young people
* Have an excellent overview and understanding of all aspects of domestic abuse, sexual violence and trafficking to be able to advise agencies and clients of services and support available and their referral pathways
* To develop and maintain a culture and systems that promote equality and value diversity and offer empathy to victims of interpersonal violence
To be considered for this role you must have experience in working with high risk vulnerable people such as domestic abuse, sexual violence, homelessness and substance misuse.
Be organised and be happy to manage your own diary and caseload offering front line support. You must also be a DRIVER. This role will start off as a 20 hour contract and naturally form into a full time contract in August when more funding on this project becomes available.
For all your hard work and dedication, you can expect a generous salary of up to £20,000 pension and holiday benefits. As well as career opportunities.
If this role sounds like the type of role that you would excel in then please apply today or call Carina in our Birmingham Care office for more information on 0121 480 8217