Title: Support Worker
Salary: £9.50 an hour
Contract Type: Permanent (35 - 52 hours a week) plus weekend work once every 2 weeks
Want qualifications in Support Work or Health Care but can't find a way to get them?
Is your experience stopping you from quickly developing in your career?
A fantastic & extremely rewarding opportunity with excellent training & development has become available in Truro!
About the Role:
- Support Worker based in a registered care home in Truro.
- Will be given training in moving and handling, medication administration, first aid, hoisting, PEGs and Catheters
About the Service:
- The service provides support for adults & elderly people with learning difficulties.
- Some service users have complex needs which includes physical impairments such as spinal & brain injury.
- Your approach will therefore vary on an individual basis as you familiarize with the service.
- Changing weekends where you have one weekend off and one weekend on.
- The shifts are 07:00am to 21:00pm 4 days a week.
- Although the service is flexible to split this into early shifts (07:00am to 14:00pm) OR (14:00pm to 21:00pm) 5 days a week.
¢ Incredible training & development provided such as medication, moving & handling & first aid training
¢ Fantastic experience & professional qualifications
¢ Flexible work options
¢ MUST be double vaccinated
¢ Previous experience in Support Work preferable but NOT essential
¢ Previous experience with learning difficulties ideal
¢ Comfortable with challenging behaviour
¢ You are resilient, determined & patient
To apply for this role, please get in touch with me on 01179486300 or alternatively email me on