Senior Support Worker
£22,500 - £25,000
We are looking for a Senior Support Worker for a small 2 bed children's home based in Lymington.
The candidate we are looking for would be kind, caring and nurturing to those in the home and have a positive, understanding and calm approach. The home is rural and very much has a 'family home' feel to it. There are currently 2 children aged 11 and 12 who's care is trauma based.
The duties of the role would include the following, but not be limited to:
- Assisting the Deputy/Registered Manager in being Ofsted ready and assist in the completion of the aims of the homes development plans.
- To role model and promote agreed models of practice; To ensure there is consistency in the level of care being provided to the children by the Residential Child Care Practitioners
- To set high standards in homemaking and ensuring the home is nurturing and welcoming
- To use your initiative, skill base and knowledge to make decisions in the best interests of the child / home / team in line with children's plans, policies and legislation.
- To participate in the development and implementation of activity programs for young people
This is a 40 hour position, with a competitive salary. Once the probationary period has been completed and passed, there is an opportunity to undertake a Level 5 qualification.
The ideal candidate would have experience working with children, have transferable skills. Holding a Level 3 in Children and Young People (however certain degrees and other qualifications may be considered)
If you would like to make a difference to a young persons life, and work for a fabulous company then please apply today!