A well-established Education and Residential Children's Services in Westbury, Wiltshire are recruiting for a Senior Support Worker who can also step into a Team Leader's post from time to time. You will support clients between 9 - 18 year olds who have come from trauma (abuse / neglect) backgrounds or have attachment disorder, self harm, EBD and challenging behaviour.
Main Job Role:
- Lead the shifts and be one of the main points of contact
- This is a professional parental role offering therapeutic / emotional support
- Work together in a team to help get them up in the mornings to putting them to bed at night
- Get involved in preparing & helping them with meals (Breakfast, dinner and lunch)
- Get stuck in with their daily 121 / group activities - bowling, going for a walk, education activities...
- No personal care
- You must currently be working with Children or young people
- Must be 21 years old or over
- Must have a qualification to work in children residential care home. We accept the following qualifications: Diploma / NVQ / QCF level 3 in:
* Children & Young People`s Workforce
* Health & Social Care in Children
* Health & Social Care in Social Care Pathway
* Caring for children & young people
* Residential childcare
WE DO NOT accept Health and Social Care in Adults.
Contract / Terms:
- Salary is between £17,000 - £20,000 + £60 per sleeps (£6,480 per annum)
- Shifts will start from 7:30am till 11pm (sleep) till 7:30am
- Roughly 9 shifts per month on a 24 hour shift pattern (1 day on and 2 days off)
Benefits (pro rota):
- Excellent induction, training and development programme
- Full support throughout your employment
- 28 days' holiday including bank holidays
- Chance to complete a FREE Diploma/NVQ/QCF qualification
If you have the right skills or experience for this role; then please call Jeet on 0117 9221130 or email your CV with the job reference number to: Jeet.Kaur @ BSSocialCare.co.uk - thank you and good luck with your job search.
Connect with me on:
LinkedIn: Jeet Kaur-Sathi