I have an exciting opportunity for a Service Manager in the Scarborough/Hunmanby area to oversee a supported living service for complex care client which include personality disorder and autism.
Key duties, specific responsibilities and outcomes
- Ensure person centred care plans are continuously updated, reviewed and implemented by the staff.
- Be a role model for outstanding, outcome-focused care for the staff team.
- Ensure the health and well being of the people you support in line with all regularity requirements.
- Organise, motivate and mentor your staff team, ensuring that they are appropriately trained to provide person centred care and support.
- Manage the rota for your services, with considerations for staffing levels across the business.
- Ensure your services are compliant with all internal policies and CQC regularity requirements.
- Maintain and manage the very high standards that we expect of supported living environments.
- Work closely with Head of Complex Care and nurse team to ensure PBS plans are continuously updated.
-We are progressing with a roll out of digital services to improve business workflows, so a positive attitude towards this and forward thinking is a must.
Most importantly we are looking for people who want to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability or autism. We`re passionate about it, so you should be too.
- Caring and compassionate
- Respect for people suffering from a range of medical conditions with different backgrounds and beliefs of your own.
- Self-motivated and keen to learn. Willing to seek guidance when needed
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Professional, smart appearance
Knowledge, understanding, experience & skills
- Have a strong background in working with audits with learning disabilities, challenging behaviour and/or autism.
- Have an excellent understanding of the principles of high quality person centred care.
- Have a proven track record of managing supported living services
- Good understanding of the regularity responsibilities of a Registered Manager and the law
- Knowledge of health and safety matters in relation to care services
- Knowledge of how to recognise abuse and safeguarding procedures
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of building positive working relationships with people and being able to motivate a team.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise your workload effectively.
- Good administrative skills and computer literacy
- Ability to maintain clear written and electronic records and to follow statutory reporting procedures.
- Experience of financial processes (petty cash etc)
- Willingness to work flexibly and to keep knowledge and skills up to date. You must have already done or willing to undertake management development training.
- Enhanced disclosure from disclosure and barring service formerly known as the criminal records bureau (CRB) disclosure.
- Full driver license with no more than 6 points and class 1 business insurance (expenses paid for insurance where necessary)
So you don`t miss out on this fantastic opportunity, why don`t you forward your CV or apply via the BS Social Care website today?
Alternatively, if you wish to discuss this vacancy in confidence, please feel free to contact me Ella Sandoval on 01274 393050 between the hours of 9am - 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.