BS Social Care
We are working in partnership with one of the UK's leading providers of support services for people with diverse and often complex needs in community settings, who are looking to recruit a Service Manager for their Swansea service.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who wants to make a difference to the lives of the people they support so caring and supporting attitude is necessity.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- To monitor and support the delivery of person centred services to all people using the service.
- To monitor and support the health and safety of people using the service and support staff
- To ensure that the actions of all staff directly supporting people using the service support their care, protection and well-being, and in compliance with external regulations and standards
- To provide supervision and support to Team Leaders and Support Workers through effective recruitment and selection, coaching and Performance Management as well as Support to manage their team of Support Workers.
- To ensure effective financial administration of the services delivered, through the effective deployment of staff and budgets
- To use and update IT processes to include the completion of accurate rota and timesheet information
- To work effectively with external agencies to promote the work and to increase referrals and placements within the Area in line with defined business targets.
- To develop the knowledge and skill of staff teams through delivering service specific training as and when required
- To develop own knowledge and practice relative to continuous service improvement
- Ensure that all services delivered are compliant to contract
- Audit services regularly and report accordingly
- Continuously improve service performance across services for which you are responsible
- Recognise and encourage innovation across services for which you are responsible
- Ensure that purchaser contracts and agreements are in place for all people using the service
- Supervise, mentor and act as a positive role model to Team Leaders to ensure effective and efficient person centred service delivery to all people who use the service
- Conduct annual performance appraisals for all team members
- Take a lead role in developing and delivering an appropriate induction programme for new staff
- Motivate the staff team to drive and improve service delivery
- Participate in rotational on-call system as assigned
What we are looking for:
- Professional Qualification/NVQ Level 5 or NVQ 4 (or working towards)
- Experience within supported living/domiciliary care essential.
- Supervisory/Management experience within a similar setting
This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities. Service Managers may be asked to carry out other activities as specified by the Area Manager
Please apply today if you would like to work for a fantastic company!