We are working with an organisation that provides care and support to both children and young people, both within registered and non registered settings.
At present, my client is seeking a service manager who has experience working with young people within supported living environments, and ideally, who has experience in ofsted regulated settings. The service is a 6 bedded unit, that accommodates young people aged between 16-24, all of which would have needs around mental health, learning disabilities and more.
My client has a proud history of supporting people with complex mental health needs and learning disabilities. At present, they are providing over 1500 people across London through a diverse range of support services and believe in providing the right level of support, to enable individuals to flourish, contribute and live a good life.
As a Gold Level Investor in People, they have high employee engagement and a strong commitment to people development from both their board and Leadership Team. As a result, my client is in the position to support people with mental health needs and learning disabilities to live the life they want to lead; happy, healthy, respected as equals and valued for their contribution within communities.
- Be able to manage a diverse and experienced support team to provide high quality support and achieve outcomes
- You will have extensive knowledge and experience managing a semi independent, supported living or ofsted registered home
- You will have the ability to identify signs of abuse, harm and neglect, as well as being able to manage complaints and safeguard issues
- Responsible for the development and training of support staff, ensuring all documentation is up to date, and training is maintained and refreshers
- Engage with hard to reach young people
- Report writing skills
- Management and administration expert
- Safeguarding expert
The service Manager will be required to:
- Have experience in working in a fast paced environment
- Provide centred support planning for each resident
- Understanding individual resident needs and establishing methods of healthy communication
- Work through resident`s strengths and weaknesses
Confidently and clearly liaise with personnel at all levels
25k - 30k
If successful, the candidate will be expected to attend a two round interview. First meeting is an informal discussion about the role, followed by a final interview
If you are interested in this role, please don`t hesitate to apply!