Here at BS Social Care, we are working with a reputable care provider who is looking to recruit a new Skills Tutor.
Our client offers supported living and learning for young adults who have severe and profound learning difficulties. It is one of the few places in the country who can support those with such complex health needs and associated difficulties. They work with people with multiple disabilities who may have sensory and physical impairments and will benefit from specialist facilities designed to meet their needs. This service provides a transitional opportunity moving from education into adulthood with a focus on person-centred programmes to promote independence.
The primary role of a Skills Tutor is to provide challenging and interesting learning programmes and opportunities for people using the Skills Centre, who have a learning, physical, emotional or associated disability. The role is Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm.
- Ensure the individuals have personalised development plans that meets their needs, aspirations and agreed outcomes.
- Ensure that the individuals have personalised transition plans that meets their needs, aspirations and agreed outcomes
- Keep accurate records, carrying out all recording and reporting in a person centered and factual manner.
- To undertake any other tasks, duties or projects of this post and as directed by the designated line manager.
- Raise appropriate and important issues or concerns in a timely manner with their line manager, suggesting ways in which they could be addressed.
- Work safely and ensuring contractual and regulatory compliance so people who use our services can trust, feel safe and have confidence in the support provided.
- Teaching or training qualification or Level 3 qualification in Health or Social Care or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in relevant field
- Working with young adults with complex physical and learning difficulties
- Keeping written and electronic records
- Able to judge and write meaningful outcomes in consultation with young people with learning difficulties
- Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate learning programmes
- Ability to be proactive and creative as a practitioner
What's on offer?
- 30 days' holiday including bank holidays
- Life assurance and pension
- Free parking
- Health cash back plan
- Bike to work scheme
- Car lease scheme
By becoming a Skills Tutor you'll be choosing a truly rewarding career and you too can really make a difference!
Please apply today! Or, if you would some more information about the role, please email Mollie on