Are you seeking a new role!!! We have the perfect position for YOU!!!
Specialist Mental Health Recovery Worker
40 hours full time - £22,332
My client is providing 3 Recovery Houses, 24 hour/7 days a week support services, for those with mental health issues. The Recovery Houses offers various interventions and treatments within the acute care pathway, working with clinical teams to maintain and improve quality of life. The services are based on service users needs and will only provide short-term accommodation up to 14 days to those who do not require inpatient admissions.
As a Specialist Mental Health Recovery Worker you will require either an extra dimension of experience or a higher qualification level as determined relevant for the particular post. You will:
- Understand the concept of Recovery and apply those principals to develop an environment and service that enhances recovery
- Put the service-user at the centre of their support and promote optimism and hope for their increased independence
- Provide intensive support (both practical and emotional) to people undergoing a period of mental health related crisis
- Act as a positive influence on service-users encouraging responsible behaviour and self reliance to people residing in the Service
- Support people in a way that maximises their self-sufficiency and enables them to live independently upon discharge from the service
- To carry out holistic assessments and devise appropriate recovery focused support plans, and comprehensive risk assessments in full consultation with service-users, their families/carers and other agencies
- To ensure recovery focused support plans are reviewed, evaluated and amended in accordance with changing needs, presenting risks and individual preferences in order to promote recovery with an attitude of `positive risk taking`
- Demonstrate a commitment to the empowerment of service-users and a strong interest in co production and promoting people`s rights
- To maintain good relationships with all involved professionals and agencies
- To maintain good liaison with the service-users` immediate community and family
- To act at all times in accordance with the aims, philosophy and practice of the project
- To undertake any other duties consistent with the basic objectives and duties of this post
- At least an NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social care, or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years experience in working in mental health or other specialist social care services
- Demonstrable experience of support work with people with mental health related support needs
If you feel you`re suitable for the role or just have a general enquiry, then please send your up to date CV to Orion at BS Social Care: or contact me directly on 0208 918 1420.