Are you an experienced Support Worker looking for a new challenge?
Passionate about care?
BS Social Care are recruiting for both part-time and full-time temporary positions for our client based in Leeds, LS11. This position may lead to a permanent role with the right candidate.
You will be a Support Worker offering floating support for current drug users in accommodation. It is a harm reduction service and the aim of the scheme is to house and support both men and women over the age of 16 safely within the community, who are experiencing housing problems due to drugs.
The ideal candidate will be a car driver, with access to their own vehicle. You must also have experience with the client group in some capacity and feel confident lone working in the community. You must attend an interview with the client prior to starting shifts.
In order to be considered for our roles at BS Social Care, you must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of 12 months paid experience or 6 months experience with a relevant qualification
- Ability to provide 2 employment references, 1 of which must be your current or most recent employer
- An enhanced DBS for Adults and Children on the update service. If you do not currently have this you will be required to obtain a new one at a cost of £50 through Brook Street Disclosures
- Full UK Driving License (essential)
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Proof of ID (Including one photographic)
- Proof of address
Due to the nature of these shifts, we require you have the ability to work a minimum of 1 shift per week as our clients are looking for candidates who are flexible and available on a weekly basis; some clients provide us with ongoing bookings of 2-6 months regular shift patterns. This position is temporary, however there is a possibility of it becoming a permanent role for the right candidate.
What we can offer:
- Weekly pay between £9.00 - £9.50 per hour
- Holiday Pay
- Shift Flexibility
- Free online training provided which covers all sections within the nationally recognised Care Certificate
- Pension Scheme
- Temp of the Month
- Refer a friend scheme
If you are interested in this role, please apply by submitting your CV or alternatively call Maria Lawther on 01274 393050. Interviews will be held in our Bradford City Centre office and will be communicated after a successful telephone screening.