My client based in Ludlow, Shropshire are a not-for-profit organisation supporting adults with multiple disabilities. The are looking for a Support Worker to be available to provide physical support and emotional reassurance, both within the service and out in the local community.
The successful candidate will be expected to be available to work a 4-weekly rolling shift pattern, including weekdays, alternate weekends and some Bank Holidays.
· Early shift - 7am - 3pm
· Late Shift - 2pm - 10pm
You day to day duties include:
1.To be aware of the emotional needs, preferences and goals of each individual and provide appropriate levels of support in a respectful manner
2. involved in supporting individuals to develop their own life plans, suggesting and facilitating age/ability-appropriate opportunities and supporting people to achieve their goals and aspirations
3. Undertaking household duties, cooking, cleaning, shopping, socialising and leisure interests
4. Personal care (washing, bathing, dressing, going to the toilet, personal grooming)
5. Support individuals with any medication requirements and health visits as necessary
6. Support the accurate recording of income and expenditure in line with each individual's personal and organisational budgets
Hours - 36 Hours Week
Salary Per Annum - £17,360 - £17,923 per annum, with £250 one off payment upon successful completion of probationary period
1. Generous annual leave allowance, rising with service
2. Free training
3. Workplace pension scheme
4. Employee Assistance scheme to support your health and wellbeing
If this is something of interest, please get in touch with our recruitment team on 0121 4808217 and ask for Aqsa Akbar.