Are you an experienced Support Worker looking for some extra work?
Are you passionate about helping individuals with Autism?
If you are, we have the perfect temporary role for you!
Our client is a Supported Living unit in Skipton, for Adults with Autism.This role provides support either by working as part of a team or on a one to one basis; you will support the individual with Autism to live a fulfilling life. This could either be in a school, registered home, supported living scheme, a day centre or in the community.
As a Support Worker, you will be required to assist in the assessments of individuals with autism to help develop their talents and ensure needs/difficulties are identified, participate in meetings whilst also making positive contributions, support with accessing health services and help with general household duties.
The ideal candidate will have the following Skills/Abilities:
- Positive attitude towards supporting vulnerable people
- Good listening skills and the ability to report and record information accurately
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Able to work part of a team and have good communication
- Work using own initiative when required
- Willing to provide personal care to individuals
In order to be considered for this role, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have previous experience supporting Adults with Autism
- Ability to provide 2 years worth of references, 1 of which must be your current or most recent employer
- Minimum of 12 months experience, or alternatively 6 months experience with a relevant qualification
- An Enhanced DBS with Children and Adults, on the update service. If you do not currently have this you would be required to obtain a new one at a cost of £50 through Brook Street Disclosures at the point of registration
- Full UK Driving License (preferred)
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- x2 Proof of ID (Including 1 photographic)
- Proof of address
What we can offer:
- Weekly pay: £8.50 per hour
- Holiday Pay (to accrue the more you work!)
- Shift Flexibility
- Free online training provided which covers all sections within the nationally recognised Care Certificate.
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV by applying directly to this advert or alternatively call Maria Lawther on 01274 393050.
Please note, if you are successful you will have to attend a registration in Bradford City Centre. Our office opening hours are Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:30.
Please only apply if you are looking for Bank Work/Temporary and have the relevant experience. You will NOT be contacted if you do not match our requirements for the role.