Adult Support Worker L/D
Our client in Crowborough is looking for Learning Disabilities Support Workers. You will be there to support and encourage people with Learning Disabilities to have control and understanding in each area of their daily lives and to provide necessary provisions and care where required; this includes personal care, teaching new skills and motivating people to be engaged in their day-to-day activities.
Main Tasks of the Job:
- Give personal and emotional support to promote service users` health and wellbeing.
- Providing practical assistance in relation to their personal tasks such as: eating, cleaning, laundry, shopping and maintaining a standard of personal hygiene.
- Providing support in leisure activities, both in services and the local area.
- Encourage service users` feedback about the support they receive to improve services.
- Administer medication in line with service users` requirements and individual support plans.
- To work shift patterns according to the needs of the particular service user.
- To participate in training and staff meetings to ensure practice is up to date.
- Experience of supporting adults with learning disabilities within a residential/semi-independent setting.
- Able to carry out personal care tasks with dignity and respect.
- Able to convey information clearly and produce appropriate written communication.
- Able to work as part of a team or independently.
- Willingness to further skills by undertaking relevant training and qualifications.
- Able to understand the support needs of service user with learning disabilities.
If you are an experienced support worker looking for your next step and are local to the Crowborough area and passionate about enabling independence with your service users then this is the role for you.
Please apply online or call me (Kelly) on 0208 9181420 to discuss the role further. If suitable we will then arrange for an interview with the service.