Location: Bishop Auckland
EXCITING RANGE OF BENEFITS INCLUDE: PENSION SCHEME, SICK PAY, ACCREDITED TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT AND MORE!
Do you have experience within the Mental Health sector supporting adults with challenging behaviour?
Are you looking to take the next step in your career?
If the answer is YES then look no further - this FANTASTIC opportunity could be for you!
BS Social Care is a national organisation that specialise in the recruitment of Health and Social Care professionals. We are currently assisting a national Mental Health Charity with their recruitment of an experienced Recovery Worker.
The Service provides practical and emotional support, including one to one support, group work, therapeutic intervention and psychotherapy to adults with personality disorders, associated mental health problems and challenging behaviour. The service works with both residential and day service clients, and aims to enable service users to develop the skills and strategies to live independently in the community, and sustain a tenancy.
As a Recovery Worker you will be a key member of the team providing high standards of care and support to service users with mental health and complex needs. Through a creative and caring approach you will build good relationships, and empower service users to achieve their goals and live as independently as possible.
Other duties will include:
- Managing a large caseload of service users and give the necessary assistance to those individuals to enable them to participate in community life
- Develop with service users an appropriate personal support plan and risk assessment which takes account of their full range of needs
- Assist service users in formulating and pursuing positive personal development programmes, including community involvement, with clear, agreed objectives that are regularly reviewed.
To be successful in this role you must meet the following:
- At least 6 months' experience of working in mental health, or similar
- Experience of identifying and co-ordinating a range of services to meet individual needs
- Experience of supporting individuals to engage with community activities
- NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care is desirable but not essential
To apply for this role do not delay as immediate interviews are available! For more information, please send your CV or call Philip at 0191 261 7570.